Friday, May 6, 2005

Gates

The gates for the fence are coming along. One is done, the other 2 frames are made, I just need to put on the slats. I have one swinging the wrong way, I was rushing and put the hinges on wrong, so now I'm going to have extra holes. Next it the trellis, I still need 2 more 2x6s, it shouldn't take too long, and it'll hide the wall of the garage behind it. I need to borrow my neighbours Hitachi hammer drill again though, I need more wedge bolts to add lateral support to the fence. I'm not very impressed with the posts that are in the ground either, I thought they'd be more solid. I buried them 2' in the ground and followed the instructions on the concrete, it just seems like I could rip them out by hand if I really wanted to. I guess they can be redone, it's only 2 posts, so it wouldn't be that big of a deal. We have 2 kids, and I know they will swing on the gates, so I'm trying to make them stronger. We should have pictures by monday...

No comments: