Thursday, September 6, 2007

Stairs almost done

Well we had a busy weekend, and we got close to finishing the stairs to the deck. We had to pour the pad at the bottom of the stairs, which is done. It was tricky working around the stairs to finish the concrete, it turned out pretty good though, and it won't be very visible anyways. The last step is still huge, we need to get some pavers or flagstones to make a walkway at the bottom. All the handrails are on, I'm still doing some of the ballusters though, I ran out, seems I only ordered half of what I needed. We're almost out of 2x4's for the wide pickets as well. I haven't done anything on it this week, it's dark almost after dinner now, and I've been tired getting up earlier to get the kids ready, and walk Seth to school. We're hoping to get a lot done this weekend, and hopefully start on some of the painting on the house as well. There's a lot to do, and I think I'll be relieved when it's done. At least it's one of those projects you can complete, not like most of the projects we do, where there's always something that has to wait until the next step is complete. And it's nice to be able to use the back stairs again.

No comments: