Wednesday, March 9, 2005

Weekend

I'm feeling a little writer's block lately. We actually did lots on the weeked, well, Derek did. I took Ella (along with Seth) to her ballet class on Saturday, and worked on cleaning up my gardens....

Derek on the other hand dug another hole. This time it was for the settled corner of the house. He dug the pit, filled the bottom of it with gravel and tamped it down, which to his surprise was level, and then made the form for the concrete. I was able to help mix some concrete in the wheelbarrow once The Chubb was taking his nap. At about 3 in the afternoon, the form was only halfway full (optimist;)) and it was time to get ready to head to my parent's home for the six legged chicken dinner.... that, and we were out of concrete.




Sunday... more concrete mixing, after a trip to Rona (closer than HomeDepot), while the kids were playing in the dirt. Derek cut some bits of rebar to stick in the forms for extra support. He also began to put mortar on the outside of the foundation to prep the wall for the tar stuff- the writer's block is preventing me from naming the stuff he used on the other side......


It's now Wednesday and another weekend is aproaching quickly, but more than anything right now I need to get this window finished for my client!!! O, how I love the pressure of procrasination....

No comments: