Friday, December 23, 2005

Electrified

Bill, Deb's father came over yesterday to hook up more of the electrical in the basement. I could have done it myself, but then I'd have to figure out how he wired everything, so it's just easier for him to do it. After using portable lights for last couple of months down there, it's nice to be able to just flick a switch. The drywall should turn out better too, since I can see what I'm doing. I haven't been doing much work on the taping, I need a couple more corner pieces, since one of the closets isn't going to have a wood frame now. I'm using the corners with the paper already attached, a lot easier than the older method or nailing or screwing the corner piece, then taping it.

I spent 2 evenings putting the kids christmas presents from my dad together. A wagon for Seth, and a bike for Ella. Now I have to make sure they don't go down in the basement, and find their christmas presents.

The next step is to fix up all the plumbing that wasn't measured out right when we poured the floor. I have a week off work, so between holidays, I should find some time to get that and the drywall done, one would hope anywyas.

No comments: