Monday, September 25, 2006

Leaky Basement Shower

Deb came up from the basement this morning with some bad news this morning, our ultra awesome custom shower in the basement is leaking. It's leaking into the stairwell, beside the laundry room (it's only 2 steps), and in to the floor drain. It's not a lot of water, but the wall has sound insulation too, so there could be a lot in there. I haven't mudded the drywall on the wall behind the shower, so we'd just have to unscrew it. I hope it's the plumbing, and not the shower pan. It's one of those membrane systems, and we just finished the tile less than a year ago. I can believe I'm saying I hope it's the plumbing. It might just be at the shower head, so it only leaks when the shower is on. I guess I'll find out this evening. I have to sand and prime the window I was working on first. It's down to the bare wood, and I don't know how long this weather is going to last. There were 4 original windows in the basement, one of them didn't open, even though it's the same in every other way as the other 3. It doesn't have any holes where the hinges would have been.

I should have taken the drywall off the shower this morning, now it's going to bother me all day. Our student downstairs can use the shower upstairs, it's just I thought we were done with sharing our shower.

No comments: