Monday, December 3, 2007

Chimney Sweeping

We hadn't used our fireplace yet this year, I was a little worried, because we've been using it for almost 4 years now, and it hasn't been cleaned. It's an old chimney, so it doesn't have a clay liner like the new ones. The sweep came by on a Saturday, with a shop-vac, and a brush on the end of a stiff cable, with a reel. He shone his trouble light up the flue, then scrubbed it out from the inside. Good thing he could do it from the inside, since we had a few centimetres or snow on the roof. It was all done in less than half an hour. I'm sure I could buy my own setup, and do it myself. I'd rather not though, doesn't look like a fun job.
We've been doing a few other things around the house, it's been a little slow though. I was feeling a little under the weather, so I took the weekend off. I need to finish mudding the powder room downstairs. Then I can prime and paint it, and get on to doing the tile. I think we might do a wall mount sink from Ikea. The plumbing doesn't look like it's lined up perfectly, so hopefully it won't look like a mess.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I LOVE that sink!