Monday, June 28, 2010

Stucco removal, starts again...



I've been working on the side of the house for about 16 hours total. It's pretty thick in places, and not really easy to remove. My arms are sore from working on it yesterday. You can see a yellow bucket over the electric meter, since it's glass, it needs protection. will need more protection, when we're further up. The electric wires complicate things too on this side. I'm thinking we need scaffolding to finish off this side. I borrowed some wooded scaffolding from some neighbours, it will need to be reconfigured. Or we could just rent metal scaffolding. You can't see it in the photo, but we uncovered a vent that was for a California Cooler in the kitchen. It still has the original screen on it, they just stuccoed right over it. I would like to get both sides finished this summer, I don't know if that's going to happen though, it's a lot of stucco. It would be nice to get it all off, then only need one bin to get rid of it all. I've been using a pry bar and a roofing shovel to get it off, and of course, wire cutters to cut the mesh. Now how to figure out how to build that scaffolding safely.

No comments: