Friday, August 6, 2010

Trip down south



Here we are in front of the infamous Petch House. We stumbled upon it driving around Eureka. Greg wasn't home so we left him a note. His house looks great, and I was impressed with the all the nice houses in the neighbourhood.




This was an example of one of them.




This is the Carson Mansion, it has to be the gaudiest victorian I've ever seen (I mean that in a good way). The amount of detail is truly stunning.



This is one of the stores in nearby Ferndale.



Here we are being touristy, and driving through the Chandelier tree in the redwood forest.



Here's our camping setup, without the slide out kitchen pulled. The trailer is a Kamparoo, and our Subaru doesn't have much trouble pulling it. We drove 4400km along the coast of Washington, Oregon and California, going as far south as San Fransisco. Deb took over 1400 photos, but I'm not going to post them all here... Now it's back to work, and pulling the stucco off the side of the bungalow. I've got about 3/4 of it off the side, then I have to fix the shingles, and fill all the holes, and paint.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Yea Humboldt County! I would have been very disappointed if I hadn't seen the obligatory photo of your car driving through a tree.

I am sorry I missed guys. Everyone else, come to Humboldt County and see the redwoods and houses. It's great!