Saturday, April 30, 2011

Top Drawer


Finally got the top drawer done and installed. I had to router out the slot for the bottom. I used a piece of 1/4" pine plywood left over from another project. Since I used a centre slide I had to double up part of the bottom, so the screws didn't go right through. It took me a while to figure out how the slides work. They come apart in to 3 pieces, so they're adjustable in depth, and you can pull the drawer out.
I added supports for the drawers, don't know if it's necessary with the slide, but it wasn't that much more effort. I still need to do the bottom one. I got some more wood to do the sides, so hopefully I can get started on those tomorrow. Hopefully they won't take as long as this one did.

No comments: