Tuesday, June 28, 2005

There's a hole in my basement, dear liza, pt. 3

I'm trying to get the formwork for the small stairwell I'm building for the basement door. I've been procrastinating a little bit, the basement is just such a big project, it's hard to start. I'm ready to pour the concrete for the inside portion of the stairwell. The wall is 21" deep, 38" wide and 44" long. I think these are some of the worst forms I've built thusfar. You'd think after all the form work I've done, I'd be good at it. I decided to forgo the footings, since it's such a small wall. It's really hard to get it level without a footing though, I don't think I've saved anytime.

Next is plumbing, We're adding 1.5 bathrooms in the basement, and a kitchenette. My neighbour did all the plumbing in his basement, so I know I'm going to be relying on him a lot. Then I can help him build a small retaining wall on his property. Yay more formwork and concrete!

No comments: